Gurmeet has been based in Dubai since 2007. She has advised public and private clients on energy and infrastructure projects including advising on structuring, procurement, regulatory, corporate issues and contractual documentation (including FIDIC, Australian Standard forms, EPC, EPCM, BOO, BOOT, DBO and O&M).
Gurmeet is currently a board member of Middle East Solar Industry Association (MESIA) and has spoken at various conferences including trade missions to Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Egypt, WFES, MENA New Energy, SNEC (Shanghai), CSP Focus (Morocco) and on Dubai Eye Radio. She has published numerous articles and worked on industry task force such as for the rooftop solar program in Dubai. These have increased MESIA’s profile significantly and has helped foster new relationships with stakeholders. Gurmeet is listed in Who’s Who in MENAT Renewables Guide 2017 and is also a member of the Clean Energy Business Council and the Emirates Green Building Council.
A selection of her recent experience includes advising:
- the lenders on the 900MW Al Kharsa Solar IPP, the first solar IPP in Qatar
- the LCEC in relation to a review of the RFP documents for the Lebanon wind program
- the sponsors in relation to the 300MW Sakaka solar IPP in Saudi Arabia.
- two bidding consortiums on the Dammam and Jeddah ISTP projects respectively in Saudi Arabia being procured by WEC.
- the lenders in relation to the construction of a 100MW solar PV project in the northern region of Saudi Arabia.
- bidding consortium on the Taif wastewater project
- the contractor in relation to the 950MW Dubai CSP project, the largest CSP project to date using both parabolic through and tower technology
- a bidder in relation to the 30MW solar IPP procured by NADEC in KSA
- the Investment and Development Authority of Ras Al Khaimahin relation to the 40MW RAK rooftop solar project. This is the first project in the Northern Emirates intended to be procured on an IPP basis.
- Etihad Energy Services in developing rooftop solar standard form contracts to be used in relation to a number of their rooftop solar tenders in Dubai and Hatta.
- a DFI/donor bank in relation to the development of a 6.1MW solar rooftop project to be located at the Gaza Industrial Estate.
- a bidder in relation to a 3GW solar project in Saudi Arabia.
- Voltalia in relation to 4 solar PV projects in Round 1 in Jordan (totalling 50MW), a solar project in Pakistan and Kenya, two solar projects of 100MW each in Nigeria.
- Voltalia in relation to their Round 2 FIT Tariff Project in Egypt.
- Voltalia in relation to their bid in the Round 3 Jordan solar program.
- OPWP in relation to the 800MW Misfah IPP.
- Izzat Marji group in relation to a rooftop solar project with Aramex
- Amana in relation a solar lease contract for the development of their rooftop solar projects in the UAE.
- an international developer in relation to their bid for the 200MW solar IPP procured by DEWA.
- a bidder in relation to the 40MW DP World solar rooftop project in Dubai.
- a bidder in relation to the hybrid solar project tendered by DEWA in Yassat island, UAE.
- a developer and EPC contractor in relation to preliminary advice on a suite of contracts including supply, installation, operation and maintenance and solar rental agreement for the development and financing of rooftop installations in the UAE.
- Enel in relation to a legal due diligence report on renewable energy projects in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The report covered corporate, real estate, environmental, licensing typical issues in the PPA in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.