Desert power is already clearly emerging in MENA. Wind and solar energy generation capacity is doubling in 2014 compared to 2013. A growing awareness of the value and necessity of the long term energy transition can be observed across the public and private sectors in MENA countries as evidenced by their accumulated national Solar and Wind targets for 2020 amounting to over 35 GW. Still a lot needs to be done to further its progress. Continued support for fossil fuel and lacking regulation, to name a few, must no longer be hurdles on the road to sustainability.
In this context Dii will provide a platform to trigger dialogue: High-level international representatives from the political arena as well as scientific communities, civil society and industry will meet at the 5th Dii Desert Energy Conference to discuss common objectives and identify the actions needed to reach a market in which renewable energies will blossom, improving the total energy mix of the Mediterranean region.
The 5th Dii Desert Energy Conference, in cooperation with its international industry network, will offer a wholly new format with a range of interactive workshops giving participants the opportunities to engage on crucial topics, to network with other stakeholder groups and identify common best practices.
Register now for the 5th Dii Desert Energy Conference this October 13-14 in Rome where about 350 High-level international representatives from the political, industrial and scientific communities as well as civil society will meet.
Meet us at the hill top of Rome at Villa Miani to help shape EUMENA energy partnerships which know no bounds!
This year’s program includes:
- Keynote Addresses from high level political dignitaries
- Executive Roundtable Discussion: What leadership is expected from the new Dii and its partners
- Workshop 1: The role of Desert Power in the greater energy transition
- Workshop 2: Unbinding Gordian knots – How to make market access for RE a reality
- Workshop 3: Power interconnectors throughout EUMENA – How to avoid lost opportunities
- Workshop 4: What can we learn from RE projects on the ground in MENA
- Workshop 5: How to create RE related jobs in MENA and to keep them