- This event has passed.
Large Solar IPPs – How to structure your project competitively
November 15, 2016 @ 8:00 am
Solar industry has been witnessing a clear shift in paradigm with new projects getting larger and increasingly adopting competitive bidding. With each new bid unraveling new trend, MESIA together with Synergy Consulting IFA intends to build a platform to gather learning from landmark projects and evaluate innovative and practical structures to aid implementation of upcoming megaprojects in Solar PV. This would include deliberation on commercial, financing and implementation aspects of projects.
The event will connect officials and senior representatives from developers, financing institutions and policy advisors who will come together to mull over expected new developments, its challenges in implementation and consider prospective solutions.
Moving from small to large solar IPPs – Financier’s Perspective
- Atanu Das, Executive Director, ACWA Power
- Marc Norman, Project Finance & Acquisitions, Chadbourne & Parke LLC
- Jai Kishan Asnani, Investment Officer, IFC
- Ismail Fahmy, Programme Officer, ADFD and coalition for action (IRENA)
- Steven Perry, Head of Orginations & Syndications, First Gulf Bank
- Steve Mercieca, Director, Project & Export Finance, Standard Chartered Bank
Implementation Strategies for Large Solar IPPs
- Ahmed Nada, Vice President of Business Development for the Middle East, First Solar
- James A Stewart, General Manager, ALEC Energy
- Sisir Mund, Business Development Manager, Saudi Oger
- Tristan Higuero, MD for MENA region, FRV / Abdul Lateef Jameel
- Yousif Al Ali, Associate Director, Business Development, Masdar
(Payment: At the door)