- This event has passed.
MENA Investment Exchange: Energy meeting
March 29, 2017 @ 8:00 am - March 30, 2017 @ 8:00 am
Held under the Chatham House Rule, the agenda for the MENA Investment Exchange: Energy meeting will focus on:
- Upturn in renewable energy development in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Changing patterns of gas supply for GTP projects including domestic production outlook and gas/LNG imports.
- Innovative financial structures, commercial returns, entry and exit strategies.
- Where the region stands in the climate debate.
- Who to work with in the diverse MENA area.
- Key markets, including, Algeria, Dubai, Egypt, GCC, Iran, Jordan, Morocco, Saudi Arabia.
- The region’s political exposure in a time of stress
Co-produced by CbI’s African Energy and Gulf States News (GSN), the MIX: Energy agenda includes a Hardball roundtable on the afternoon of day two that will provide an open discussion of governance issues, personal and institutional politics, and the capacity of governments to deliver on projects.
- Ziad Jebril Sabra, Advisor to the Minister, Director of Renewable Energy Department, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Jordan
- Mohamed El-Sisi, COO, Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company*
- Moncef Ben Abdullah, Energy Expert, Tunisia
- Ahmed Badr, Executive Director, Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE)
- Harry Boyd-Carpenter, Senior Banker, Power and Energy Utilities, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Kevin Sara, Chief Executive Officer, Nur Energie
- Javier Huergo Cruzado, Chief Investment Officer, FRV
- Rob McNabb, Head of Clean Energy Construction, Eversheds
- Ignacio de Calonje, Principal Investment Officer, IFC*
- Ali Aissaoui, Research Fellow, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies (OIES)
- Glada Lahn, Senior Research Fellow, Energy, Environment & Resources, Chatham House
- Jon Marks, Chairman, Cross-border Information (CbI) and Head of Consultancy, African Energy
- John Hamilton, Director of Strategic Advisory and North Africa research, CbI and African Energy
- Moritz Borgmann, Partner, Apricum – The Cleantech Advisory
- Thomas Wigley, Partner, Trowers & Hamlins