Saudi Arabia, one of the world’s biggest oil producers, is seeking up to $50bn of investment in solar and wind energy. The Kingdom has recently announced a tender for 700MW of wind and solar energy.
Following the much-appreciated trade missions in Egypt, Jordan and Pakistan, MESIA will bring the key players (Investors, Local/development and international commercial banks, Developers, EPCs, Panel manufacturers and others) to meet all key government and related stake-holders locally.
During the 2 days conference, you will hear about the development of the National Renewable Energy Program (NREP) to implement 700MW of solar and wind projects. We will explain the different roles of the key bodies and stakeholders together with the leadership of the program as well as the timelines and milestones of the first round and others to follow. An important part will be dedicated to understanding the pricing and how cost efficiencies can be secured in the Kingdom. We will also be assessing some of the detail around developing projects in Saudi including some of the key legal, financial and technical aspects of the market.
Saudi Arabia is the next GW level Solar market!
Main topics addressed during the Trade Mission:
- Update on solar and wind market developments in KSA: How many projects are developed, where are they located and at what stage are they? Case studies. PV Update (AL JOUF, RAFHA and SAKAKA ), CSP Update (TAIBA ISCC) Regulatory framework for developing solar and wind projects in KSA
- Overview of the key government mechanisms for renewable energy promotion
- Wind and Solar Resource Assessment
- Corporate and tax structuring including licensing
- Grid Connection and Challenges
- Project Finance Panel
- Private PPA Opportunities
- Rooftop – is this viable and how?
- Who will reach the lowest tariffs in Saudi Arabia?