- This event has passed.
Solar Energy East Africa
March 10, 2015 @ 8:00 am - March 11, 2015 @ 8:00 am
Stepping away from small-scale donor led schemes – Solar Energy East Africa brings together domestic and international solar players with East African commercial and industrial power users to explore grid-tied and off-grid commercially viable opportunities for PV deployment.
Serving as forum to connect local developers with international partners and investors the conference aims to create well capitalised and experienced partnerships who can deliver high quality PV systems in a timely manner to the East African region.
Key topics include:
- Industrial energy costs, reliability and alternatives beyond diesel gensets
- Changes to Kenya’s feed-in-tariff
- Financial models and sources of private capital
- Developing a bankable PPA
- Micro-grids, anchor systems & hybrid systems
Benefits of attending:
- Network with energy managers representing East African Manufacturing, agricultural, tourism, real estate, telecom and mining industries as part of the special focus session: PV for commercial and industrial power users
- Identify new local development and distribution partners from across the East African region
- Hear first hand from governments on the proposed roll-out of feed-in tariff and net metering schemes including the change of Kenya’s FiT scheme to an auction and benefit from peer led analysis on the implications of this
- Connect with private investors moving the market away from pureplay donor finance
- Discuss new business models and technical options to make micro-grids a commercially viable value proposition
Download your FREE 26 page report on solar energy opportunities in East Africa.
Full programme: http://eastafrica.solarenergyevents.com
For more information please contact James Wight, email@example.com.