- This event has passed.
MESIA at the World Energy Congress: Promise of Solar
September 10, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Solar is the world’s fastest growing energy source. The industry has witnessed spectacular growth – globally there is now 305GW of solar power capacity, up from around 50GW in 2010 and virtually nothing at the turn of the millennium. However, progress has stalled in recent years. Despite the benefits that solar can bring in delivering fast and affordable low-carbon energy, intermittency and land use continue to be key challenges.
Pierre El Khoury, General Director and President of the Board, Lebanese Center for Energy Conservation
- Jing Qian, Vice President, JinkoSolar Co. Ltd.
- Zhenguo LI, President, LONGi Green Energy Technology Co., Ltd.
- Andres Anijalg, Co-Founder & Chief Business Development Officer, Roofit
- Nick Boyle, Group Chief Executive Officer, Lightsource BP
- Ahmed Nada, President, Middle East Solar Industry Association (MESIA)
- Daniel Zywietz, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Enerwhere Sustainable Energy