MESIA’s mandate is to promote solar power across the Middle East. Achieving this goal involves working closely with the leaders in the solar power sector, both at the government and grass-roots level. To help nurture future generations of solar leaders, MESIA has partnered with PwC to put in place the Solar Pioneers program.
How it works
Each year, MESIA and PwC will select 10 young solar leaders and innovators drawn from across the Middle East. These leaders are recognized and applauded at a gala event that will take place in conjunction with the World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi. Over the subsequent 12 months, these young pioneers will be provided with technical workshops and networking opportunities organized jointly by MESIA and PwC.
- Free individual membership to MESIA
- Free attendance (and speaking opportunities) at MESIA events in the region
- Access to MESIA’s members for collaboration/support
- Dedicated ‘Project Lab’ for Alumni to have discussions, share information, ask questions
- Mentoring and personal development support from the leader of PwC’s Center of Excellence for Sustainability, Cleantech and Renewables in the Middle East
- Access to MEPSI training courses at PwC Executive Leadership Training Center in Jordan (fees apply)
- Priority access to relevant PwC solar technology thought leadership/reports from around the world
- Access to quarterly technical workshops covering the following topics:
- Q1: Project Development
- Q2: Technology optimization
- Q3: Bankable financial model
- Q4: Raising debt/equity
- Access to PwC’s global renewable energy network of experts for limited project support
- Access to external PwC solar events and meetings where possible
The candidates must be:
- Based in the Middle East
- Aged below 40 years old
- Individuals who have a proven track record and demonstrated impact in leading the growth of solar across the MENA region and exemplify the qualities of innovation, long term vision and leadership.
The selection of the top ten pioneers will be made by a panel of international judges drawn from the Middle East.
The application period closes on the 7th of December 2013. The 10 leaders are revealed at a ceremony which takes place during the World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi on 21 January 2014.
For more information or clarifications please contact Timothy Paul, Solar Pioneers Project Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org