Recruiter: First Solar
Category: Solar Contract
Hours: Full Time
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Experience and Key Functions:
• Minimum of 4 years of design experience in utility solar projects.
• Strong knowledge of different PV technologies and solar systems applications.
• Prior experience in technical proposal/international bids preparation is important.
• Project experience to include project development conceptual and detailed design, project engineering, scheduling, cost estimating, procurement, and contracts is strongly desirable.
• Additional years of field project engineering experience in the Solar EPC or electric utility generation fields is a strong plus.
• Construction, testing, and commissioning experience a plus.
Key Functions requirements
• Develops and maintains technical relationship building for prospective customers, investors and regional technical advisors in the region and liaise with international Consultants/Technical advisors at their HQs if required.
• Develops technical sales collateral to promote bankability and value creation of existing solutions and new product launches; Educates and trains internal teams on use in support of sales efforts and new market development
• Interface with senior management on matters relating to technical scope of commercial contracts/impact
• Ability to develop region consensus on strategic technical issues, positions, and policies by managing complex, cross-functional, and global initiatives and indirect teams
• Represents the regional customer and industry voice associated with technical product requirements, system solutions, and product applications
• Executes and supports effective technical communications to new and existing customers and technical advisors, in collaboration with Business Development, Product Management, and other technical departments
• Represent First Solar in sales meetings on technical issues and engage in consultative sales process
• Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Solar Engineering discipline, other engineering disciplines will be considered seriously but only with the right experience profile. (i.e. BSEE, BSME, BSChE)
• Business or environmental engineering degree or certifications a plus
• additional Spanish Language skills would be a plus
• Must possess technical knowledge of related solar engineering systems, equipment. Engineering calculations, and construction methods/materials.
• Proficient knowledge of engineering economics and optimization process.
• Proficient knowledge of project engineering, procurement, and construction processes/procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required. Spanish language is a strong plus.
• Demonstrated ability to develop technical collateral and messaging with good use of power point tools.
• Strong computing skills including MS Office Suite (particularly MS Excel) and engineering programs such as PVSYST and AUTOCAD.
• Organized with the ability to simultaneously oversee multiple projects.
• Must be a proven team player and contributor.
• Customer relationship skills and ability to effectively communicate technical parameters of a power plant to customers
Design and Engineering
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role. Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
To apply for this position please contact: email@example.com