Location: Dubai, UAE
Date of posting: June 1, 2016
Start date: Immediately
About Yellow Door Energy
Yellow Door Energy is a distributed solar energy company headquartered in Dubai, UAE. Yellow Door was spun-out of Adenium Energy Capital, the Middle East’s most experienced solar developers, to provides turnkey technical, financial and asset management energy solutions to commercial and industrial. Our customers benefit from cost savings, protection against future energy price increases, and positive environmental benefit of solar energy.
Yellow Door is looking to add an Accountant (CA) to join its diverse Dubai based team based, who will be responsible for both the accounting and finance sides of the organization. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to join a growing company, and play a significant role in helping it achieve its short and long term goals. The role comes with career growth opportunities and appropriate compensation.
The Accountant will be directly responsible for:
- Managing the company’s accounting systems.
- Preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statements, capital accounts and other reports by compiling, analyzing and consolidating information for several jurisdictions.
- Analyzing business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses.
- Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Preparing and arranging payroll and payments.
- Developing, maintaining, and analyzing budgets and preparing reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Interpreting, synthesising and consolidating customer financial information to support risk assessment.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate has 3-5 years’ experience as an accountant, preferably in UAE, and will be reporting to the VP Finance.
- 3-5 years of experience as accountant (in UAE preferred)
- Solid understanding of international standards, accounting principles and financial statistics
- Knowledge of accounting software and programs
- Excellent excel, English and communication skills
- Personal characteristics: organized, detailed oriented, structured, independent and excited to work with a diverse team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Chartered Accountant certificate holders are preferred and will be given priority
- Salary competitive with the local market rate and candidate’s skills and experience
- Full medical & dental insurance
- Great colleagues and a fun and challenging work environment
If you are interested in the applying and meet the above qualification, kindly send your CV to [email protected]