FRV is a leading global solar development company with a 3.8 GW development portfolio in emerging solar markets including the Middle East, Africa, India, North and Latin America. Since 2006, the management team has completed the construction, operation, maintenance and financing of over 650 MW of photovoltaic and CSP solar energy plants. Such projects represent more than US $2.5 billion in total financings. FRV is a 100%-owned subsidiary of Abdul Latif Jameel Energy and Environmental Services, part of Abdul Latif Jameel (ALJ).
ALJ is a diversified business comprised of independent entities that includes automotive distribution, auto parts manufacturing, financial services, renewable energy, environmental services, land and real estate development, logistics, electronics retailing and media services. Abdul Latif Jameel has an active investments arm and positions itself as a preferred business partner primarily for inward investment into the Middle East, North Africa and Turkey (MENAT) region. Established in 1945 it has dual headquarters in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and Dubai, UAE, and currently has operations in 32 countries and employs approximately 16,500 people.
Description of the internship opportunity
Reporting to the Business Development Manager Africa, the Business Development Intern will contribute to the development efforts of FRV in that region.
- Be an integral part of the Business Development and Market Research team;
- Identify and analyse solar PV and wind opportunities in Africa;
- Contribute to the development of ongoing projects and preparation of tender responses in the region;
- Participate in the coordination of the advancement of the projects with the technical, financial structuring, legal and financial control teams;
- Be located in our Dubai office.
Profile of the candidate
Preferred candidates will have the following experience and skills profile:
- Have a genuine interest for solar energy
- Be currently enrolled in a UAE university, in a Major in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Engineering or Law
- Possess a valid UAE visa
- Be available at least 3 days per week between June 15th and August 31st
- Prior professional experiences/internship will also be valued
- Knowledge of French (written/oral) is a plus
If you qualify with the above, please send your resume along with a cover letter of maximum 1 page and send this to John van Zuylen at firstname.lastname@example.org