An innovative entrepreneurial renewable energy developer requires a dynamic financial controller to join their UAE based operations.
The renewable energy market is currently developing at an ever growing pace and we need an experienced financial management professional to join the party. Applicants are not required to have prior renewable energy experience but must have experience of working in a dynamic fast-evolving sector where you are constantly breaking new ground and creating new structures & processes.
The Financial Controller will be based from Abu Dhabi but be responsible for the financial management of projects around the world and hence strong multi-cultural communication skills are of paramount importance. The appointed candidate will be responsible for establishing and operating accounting and controls practices across the Company’s business units and locations. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager who will lead an internal and external team to support the following areas: accounting, treasury, payroll, insurance, financial risk management, financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, internal controls, audit and taxation.
The Financial Controller will partner with the senior leadership team to establish appropriate financial controls for planning and operations management. As the company grows, the successful candidate will participate in the development of other Accounting and Controls contributors by coaching and mentoring junior staff members and provide training, review, feedback, guidance, and appraisal.
- Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree
- At least 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years of broad financial and operations management experience
- Experience with partnership accounting, foreign exchange and financial risk management in additional to general accounting under IFRS rules.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
Preference will be given to those candidates already based in the UAE but applications from strong international candidates are welcomed.
To apply for this position please contact Simon Bangs on:
+971 (0)55 897 1511