Recruiter: PRS Recruitment Solutions
Location: United Arab Emirates (AE)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Closes: 26 Jun 2017
To provide senior level project engineering, technical and commercial advise, expertise and support at the development stage of the company’s projects up to ‘Signature of Contract’ stage for Wind/Solar projects.
During Development Stage:
- To lead all Technical activities on the projects
- To be the main contact person in the company regarding Wind Turbine Technologies and wind projects Technical/Commercial related issues
- Lead the selection od the best Wind Turbine for each site including performance of measurement campaigns, wind assessments technical/commercial analysis etc.
- Coordinate the tasks to be performed by the in house wind analyst, and or consultants, to perform all required activities related to Wind Assessment.
- To lead and perform Technical Due Diligence of new projects. This will include to perform part of the DDs by himself, and to coordinate the support of Project Engineers, Environmental specialist, wind analyst and consultants that will perform the other DD under coordination of the Senior Project Engineer
- To prepare RfP Packaged for projects including both commercial and technical requirements; inclusive of draft, release, clarification, evaluation and negotiation processes.
- To prepare and negotiate Heads of Terms with EPC contractors
- Manage all communications and negotiations with Manufacturers/Contractors regarding the EPC contracts.
- Lead the discussions with Contractors to optimise Contractors offers and Project returns,
- Provide support to the Development team for discussions with other developers or for the assessment in Project Purchase opportunities.
- Lead the Technical discussions with Transmission system Operators and Government or other clients, to negotiate and agree, together with the Development team, the PPAs, TCAs etc.
- To provide all required inputs to the investment Team (CAPEX, OPEX, Energy Yield, Uncertainties, Availability, Construction Period etc) in order to run different scenarios on the Financial Models
- To effectively manage Engineering related service providers / consultants at the development stage of the project lifecycle inclusive of supplier validation, negotiations and quality processes
- Coordinate the performance of any preliminary work (preliminary designs, surveys etc.) performed internally or with external consultants
- Perform site visits for future projects to detect potential issues etc.
- Support the development team in the search of new potential sites for future developments
- To provide technical expertise in support of Green Field business development
- Meet with local authorities with regards to project specific issues
- Coordinate with the O&M Team for any matter regarding the O&M contracts, inputs for the DDs, financial mode assumptions etc
- Lead the performance of any preliminary design required
- Lead all Technical discussions and coordination of activities with the Lender’s Technical Advisor to get approval/acceptance of Lenders on the Technical issues
- Prepare initial estimations/assumptions for Project Assessments. Perform high level project screenings for new opportunities in new countries.
During Delivery and O&M Stage:
- Perform a handover of the EPC Contracts to the Project Execution Manager
- Provide continuous support to the Project Execution Manager during construction regarding any Technical issue that requires support
- Follow up all Technical issues of the Projects and coordinate Technical issues with Owner’s Engineer and Contractors
- Evaluate changes of Design requests by the contractor.
- Support on all Technical issues the Project Execution Manager and Contract Manager during Contractor’s claims
- Support with all required Technical matters during Factory Acceptance Tests, Inspection Program Points definition, commissioning activities, provisional acceptance, snagging list activities, certifications etc.
- Coordination with the Lender’s Technical Advisor
Qualifications Experience & Job Specific Skills:
- BSc. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Post Graduate degree in Renewable Energy is desirable
- Certified Project Management qualification is desirable
- Experience in META regions is desirable
- Min 10-15 year’s experience in renewable projects
- Commercial & Financial Acumen
Job Specific Skills:
- Conversant with software’s such as Microsoft Project, WinPro
- Understand FIDIC contracts
- Project Management skills
- Commercial and financial acumen