An international developer of Solar PV projects ranging from C&I to IPP’s is currently looking to expand their Abu Dhabi team.
The Project Engineer will have responsibility for PV engineering deliverables from development and pre-sales, through project close out for several concurrent projects. This is a multi-tasking role that covers the complete value chain as well as EPC lifecycle of solar PV power plants, from development through startup and thereafter during Operations and Maintenance. The candidate will have technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing and executing design and documentation, and will have business responsibility for providing project deliverables on time and on budget with high quality.
The candidate shall be experienced in the design of solar PV power plants, site development and infrastructure works, and must be able to coordinate effectively across all engineering disciplines, including architectural, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical.
The solar engineer role will be based in Abu Dhabi and reporting to the Head of Engineering.
- Engineering of photovoltaic power plants
- Dimensioning and selection of photovoltaic components and systems (modules, inverters, transformers, cables, lightning protection, monitoring and SCADA system)
- Engineering of hybrid power solutions whereby solar complements or replaces traditional generation sources with and without energy storage and control systems (e.g. diesel and gas)
- Work with commercial team to prepare tender documents, development and creation of functional descriptions, guidelines for commissioning and acceptance procedures
- Preparation of single line diagram, function and system descriptions
- Compilation of specifications and scope of works
- Technical support of supplier negotiations
- Work with commercial team to identify and create price calculations
- Interface with commercial team to ensure procurement and delivery schedule
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering preferred) from an accredited university and proven
- Business/Economics or equivalent degree a plus
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in the planning, design, and operations of photovoltaic systems, or advanced degree (Masters or equivalent).
- Professional Engineer (PE) license a plus.
- Must be competent with the technical aspects of the job as well as business and client interactions. Interface with customers in all technical related matters.
- Must be experienced in conducting engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of commercial and utility solar power systems.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Project
- Must be proficient in PVsyst Solar PV Power Plant Simulation Software.
- Must be experienced in equipment warranties and FAT/SAT, and solar PV power plant performance guaranties calculations and validation, testing/commissioning, and O&M.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills in English, including the ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations, emails, and proposals.
- Project management experience is highly preferred
For more details and to apply for this position please contact Simon Bangs on:
+971 (0)55 897 1511