May 26, 2021
MESIA Solar Awards’ 9th Edition
The Address Beach Hotel and Resort, Dubai
Tuesday 25th May, 2021, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
The industry’s premier 2021 Solar Awards ceremony, by the Middle East Solar Industry Association in it’s ninth edition, was held on the 25th May, 2021. It recognized and celebrated exceptional talent and achievements in the MENA solar market. The event was sponsored by Huawei, LONGI, Sungrow, Nextracker, Jinko Solar, and Siraj Power.
Focusing on all areas of the solar industry, MESIA distinguished and awarded good practice, professionalism, quality, safety and innovation, with the aim of being a marker of the brightest and best that Middle East solar industry has to offer.
Award Categories and Winners!
- Utility Scale Solar Project of the Year – Al Dhafra Solar – Jinko Power Technology Co., Ltd/ EDF Consortium
- Commercial & Industrial Solar Project of the Year – Yellow Door Energy for Classic Fashion Apparel
- Residential Solar Project of the Year – City Solar
- Regional Company (EPC, Manufacturer, Developer,..) of the Year – ACWA Power
- Financial Advisor /Consultant of the Year – Clenergize Solar Consultant
- Legal Advisor / Consultant of the Year – Pinsent Masons
- Solar Entrepreneur of the Year – Jeremy Crane CEO & Co-Founder of Yellow Door Energy
- Woman In Solar of the Year – Joumana El Hosri – CEO of Sacotel Znshine
- Solar Innovation System, Product or Service of the Year – SAHARA Containerised Solar Generator by Desert Technologies
- Solar Energy Picture of the Year – Ghadir Shaar – Solar plant for Al Nabooda Automobiles commissioned by Yellow Door Energy
The Jury & Selection Process
The awards selection was judged by a panel of 8 industry experts and leaders from around the MENA region and the winners of the Solar Awards were announced at the ceremony and networking event!
We were thrilled to be able to count on the unmatched expertise of 8 independent jury members coming from the entire region. They evaluated each of the applications and selected the winner for each of the 11 categories.
- Abdullatif N. Albitawi CEng, SFIIRSM, MEI, Secretary General and Honorary Vice Chair, Energy Institute, Middle East Branch
- Dr. Steven Griffits, Senior Vice President, Research and Development Professor of Practice Khalifa University of Science and Technology United Arab Emirates
- Eng. Mohammed Dabbas Senior Advisor, Arab Renewable Energy Commission (AREC)
- Amjad Abdula, head of Partnership International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Philippe Malbranche, Additional Director-General of the ISA in charge of programme and technology, International Solar Alliance (ISA)
- Dr. Raed Bkayrat, Senior Advisor, Clean Energy Business Council (CEBC)
- Dr. Sausan Al Riyami, Senior Expert at the research at Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation in Oman and Renewable Energy Cluster leader at EJAAD
- Dr. Firas Balasmeh CEO – Firas Balasmeh Corporation for Control Systems – FB Group
COVID Restrictions & Live Broadcast
Due to COVID related restrictions, space was limited and priority was given to MESIA members. This year, all participants, members, guests, and non-members were required to pre-register and confirm attendance. At the same time, the event was broadcasted live with the support of the World Future Energy Summit Solarabic.
MESIA was thrilled to welcome its guest on the face-to-face Solar Awards and hoped that many enjoyed the virtual event as well!
MESIA is the largest solar trade association in the Middle East and North Africa region. Established in 2009, the association represents over 150 international and local organizations including investors, installers, manufacturers, law firms, consultants, policymakers and banks. MESIA is headquartered in Dubai, UAE and carries out solar-related activities and programs across the MENA region. Its regional coverage stretches from Morocco to Saudi Arabia, from Egypt to Oman, with over 10,000 subscribers across the MENA region. Over the past 10 years, MESIA has organized over 70 industry events focused on strengthening the footprint of solar energy in our region, including trade missions in KSA, Egypt, Pakistan and Jordan. Along the way, MESIA has won several prestigious awards and had been recognized by leading government authorities across the MENA region. MESIA also publishes industry-leading reports which have been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and the FT. To learn more about MESIA visit www.mesia.com.
For more information please contact:
Senior Marketing & Operations Manager
M: +971 50 409 9197