- This event has passed.
MESIA at COP27
November 6 - November 19
The upcoming COP27 is right around the corner, and the United Nations is urging the world’s industrialized nations to ‘lead by example’ by taking bold and immediate actions. It tackles five key issues in nature, food, water, industry decarbonization, and climate adaptation.
For the first time, MESIA will be at the Conference of the Parties better known as COP 27 in Sharm El Shiekh, Egypt this year. We, alongside Jinko Solar Co., Ltd. and Pure Energy Construction LLC (A member of M.A.H.Y Khoory & Co. LLC) at the GWEC and GEC Pavillion in the Blue Zone.
We aim to consolidate MESIA’s reputation among diverse industry stakeholders and raise the organization’s profile within the energy and related sectors with a focus to involve new members (industries, associations, and corporate).
Key Messages at COP27
- Achieve energy security and stable power prices with solar
- Accelerate permitting of large-scale PV projects
- Increase distributed solar generation to empower people
- Improve social acceptance for solar PV projects
COP27 SPECIAL CONFERENCES
How to reconcile Economy and Ecology? From decarbonation to regeneration, applications and best practices
November 9, 11:30 AM at Global Solar Council pavillion, Blue Zone
- Dries Acke, Policy Director, SolarPower Europe
- Ole Kristian Sivertsen, CEO, Desert Control
- Yaseen Abdel Gaffar, CEO, Solarize Egypt
- Ahmed S. Nada, President, Middle East Solar Industry Association (MESIA)
- Eva Vandest, Group Head of Public Affairs, Amarenco
Renewables Giga-Projects: the Mediterranean Could Be a First Mover
November 15 @ 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Gianni Chianetta, CEO, Global Solar Council (GSC)
- Ben Backwell, CEO, Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC)
- Grammenos Mastrojeni, Deputy Secretary General, Union of the Mediterranean
- John Kraydas, CEO, Renewables and Energy Storage, Copelouzos Group
- Romain Riche, International Development Director, Middle East Solar Industry Association (MESIA)
ABOUT MESIA ALLIANCE
The MESIA Alliance is composed of the Middle East Solar Industry Association, Pure Energy and Jinko Solar. The Alliance was formed to join the GSC, Global Solar Council, as a supporter of the Wind and Solar Pavilion at COP 27. MESIA is the only non-for profit solar association bringing together the whole solar sector across the entire Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. Pure Energy is a certified solar PV integrator and executing projects by applying PMI guidelines as well as Quality, Environment, Health & Safety Management Systems by IAS standards. Pure Energy is open to do contract with authorities, financiers, developers, other EPC System integrators, commercial & industrial factories, and homeowners. JinkoSolar (NYSE: JKS) is a global leader in the solar industry. The company distributes its solar products and sells its solutions and services to a diversified international utility, commercial and residential customer base in more than 80 countries worldwide