I belong to the community of policy-makers in the field of environment and development: I am an Italian diplomat, but currently Deputy Secretary General of the Union for the Mediterranean, in charge of Energy and Climate Action. Formerl, until August 2019, Coordinator for the Environment and Head of the Science-Policy Interface at the Italian Development Cooperation.
I also serve as:
– President of the largest Italian association for sustainable development education “Isola della Sostenibilità”
– Chair of UN Mountains/Mountain Partnership
– Co-Chair of the Global Island Partnership
– President and Spokesperson of “Alleanza Bene Comune” (ABC – Italian Alliance for the Commons)
– Professor of Sustainability, and Environment and Geostrategy at various Universities, Superior Schools, and Think Tanks